“If you want to build a ship, don't drum up [people] to gather wood, divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea.” - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- I am a foodie! I love finding new and unique restaurants with an international flair.
- I enjoy painting, decorating, and working out.
- I love to garden and spend time in nature.
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin
- I am a huge weather freak and have secretly always wanted to be a meteorologist.
- There was too much math involved in that profession so I chose a different profession!
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." - C.S. Lewis
- Big Brother is my Super Bowl, season 10 of BBUS and BBCanada are my favorite.
- Was born in Honduras and primarily learned English from watching The Simpsons.
- Met Barack Obama when I was in middle school.
"Keep at it and you will succeed."
Anything computer related, from the basic word processor to full office networked integration and security.
I have also lived in Minnesota and Michigan
Own 2 dachshunds - very lively and full of excitement
Met Jay Leno at a McDonalds in Las Vegas
"What matters is who you decide to be today. Live and speak your truth."
- I love all things Japanese, reading, art and video games.
- Some of my favorite places are the beach, bookstores & libraries, and Mitsuwa Marketplace.
- I have visited 8 Caribbean islands: Antigua, Barbados, Dominican Republic, Jamacia, San Juan- Puerto Rico, St. Kitts, St. Maarten, and St. Lucia
"The past is the past, the future is yet to come, we must make the most of today." - Sensei Wu, LEGO Ninjago
I enjoy play-fighting with our nine-year old boy, following the San Francisco Giants, long drives on the open freeway, and good problems.
"It all started when my dog began getting free rollover minutes." - Jay London
My husband and I have six of the most precious dogs alive. Our goal is to be as good as our dogs already think we are.
I listen to Howard Stern regularly.
My husband was born in Chicago and is a diehard Bear fan, and I grew up in Wisconsin, where Packer football is a religion. We do not watch games in the same room.
Remember to take care of yourself first. You can't pour from an empty cup.
I know six languages (with varying degrees of fluency)... and counting. Learning languages is addictive. It's never too late to start.
I am a huge fan of science fiction and fantasy. I met my husband on gk2gk.com!
“Some day we’ll look back on this and it will all seem funny.” - Bruce Springsteen
- I’m a true Jersey Girl who loves big hair, the beach, and The Boss
- I have two adult sons and 3 fur babies (2 cats and a dog)
- I love to sing and perform, and sang in a cover band when I was younger
"No man is so old that he does not think himself able to live another year." - Marcus Tullius Cicero
My chief volunteer activity has been as a basketball coach for youth teams.
I taught my first semester at IUPUI in the group of (very old and funky) buildings at Michigan and Delaware known as the Downtown Campus.
Specialties: Online Course Development, Usability, Accessibility, Canvas, Pressbooks
Fun Facts: I’ve been with IUPUI (sometimes faculty, sometimes staff) since the late ‘90s.
I’m a night owl, coffee addict, knitter, and perpetual learner.
"Dream, dream, dream. Dreams transform into thoughts and thoughts result in action." - Dr. A. P. J Abdul Kalam
- I love music and dance (was trained in Indian classical dance form: Bharatanatyam).
- I like to travel and have curiosity conversations.
"The goal is not to be better than the other man, but your previous self." - Dalai Lama
- I love exploring new place especially going hiking.
- I love writing mainly poetry in Hindi.
- I am the space and astronomical enthusiast.