“If you want to build a ship, don't drum up [people] to gather wood, divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea.” - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- I am a foodie! I love finding new and unique restaurants with an international flair.
- I enjoy painting, decorating, and working out.
- I love to garden and spend time in nature.
Randy NewbroughAssistant Director
Manager, Instructional Technology Consulting Campus Centers for Teaching and Learning
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin
- I am a huge weather freak and have secretly always wanted to be a meteorologist.
- There was too much math involved in that profession so I chose a different profession!
"Live Simply, Love Generously, Learn Constantly."
"It’s kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
- I collect snowglobes and currently have over 100 of them.
- I also enjoy cooking and doing jigsaw puzzles.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." - C.S. Lewis
- Big Brother is my Super Bowl, season 10 of BBUS and BBCanada are my favorite.
- Was born in Honduras and primarily learned English from watching The Simpsons.
- Met Barack Obama when I was in middle school.
Chad A. BecknerSystems Analyst/Programmer
- Assist colleagues with development of new processes and application
- Maintains website design and implementations
"Keep at it and you will succeed."
Anything computer related, from the basic word processor to full office networked integration and security.
I have also lived in Minnesota and Michigan
Own 2 dachshunds - very lively and full of excitement
Met Jay Leno at a McDonalds in Las Vegas
"What matters is who you decide to be today. Live and speak your truth."
- I love all things Japanese, reading, art and video games.
- Some of my favorite places are the beach, bookstores & libraries, and Mitsuwa Marketplace.
- I have visited 8 Caribbean islands: Antigua, Barbados, Dominican Republic, Jamacia, San Juan- Puerto Rico, St. Kitts, St. Maarten, and St. Lucia
"Real collaboration only comes from those who do not feel overpowered and can contribute freely. Only when we are free is it possible to make choices." - Maria Montessori
- I went to 3 high schools in 3 states in 3 years. Ugh.
- I'm a child whisperer.
- I love opera.
- I want to learn to paint.
- Cooking is therapy.
"The past is the past, the future is yet to come, we must make the most of today." - Sensei Wu, LEGO Ninjago
I enjoy play-fighting with our nine-year old boy, following the San Francisco Giants, long drives on the open freeway, and good problems.
"It all started when my dog began getting free rollover minutes." - Jay London
My husband and I have six of the most precious dogs alive. Our goal is to be as good as our dogs already think we are.
I listen to Howard Stern regularly.
My husband was born in Chicago and is a diehard Bear fan, and I grew up in Wisconsin, where Packer football is a religion. We do not watch games in the same room.
Remember to take care of yourself first. You can't pour from an empty cup.
I know six languages (with varying degrees of fluency)... and counting. Learning languages is addictive. It's never too late to start.
I am a huge fan of science fiction and fantasy. I met my husband on gk2gk.com!
“Some day we’ll look back on this and it will all seem funny.” - Bruce Springsteen
- I’m a true Jersey Girl who loves big hair, the beach, and The Boss
- I have two adult sons and 3 fur babies (2 cats and a dog)
- I love to sing and perform, and sang in a cover band when I was younger
Richard C. TurnerFaculty Fellow
Emeritus Professor of English and Philanthropic Studies
"No man is so old that he does not think himself able to live another year." - Marcus Tullius Cicero
My chief volunteer activity has been as a basketball coach for youth teams.
I taught my first semester at IUPUI in the group of (very old and funky) buildings at Michigan and Delaware known as the Downtown Campus.
Specialties: Online Course Development, Usability, Canvas, Kaltura, and Zoom
Fun Facts: I’ve been with IUPUI (sometimes faculty, sometimes staff) since the late ‘90s.
I’m a night owl, coffee addict, knitter, and perpetual learner.
"The words you speak become the house you live in." - Hafez, Persian poet
- I am an Illustration major, and I plan on being a commercial artist here in Indianapolis when I graduate.
- I went to Thailand and Cambodia this summer. It was my first time ever being on a plane!
- I love movies, especially coming-of-age films like Lady Bird and Stand By Me.
"If our identity is in our work, rather than Christ, success will go to our heads, and failure will go to our hearts." - Tim Keller
- I am an avid fan of the Indianapolis Colts
- I love playing sports, and hanging out with my friends in my free time.
- I am the only person in my family born in Indiana.
"A joule of work daily produces a progress of a lifetime."
- I like taking long walks around the parks and trails to observe nature.
- I like to design during my free times and occasionally participate in drawing challenges.
- I am an avid webcomic reader and an intermediate anime watcher.
"Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
- I like to do archery and play video games
- I like to watch movies and anime with my sister
- I like to cook when I have the time.
"Dream, dream, dream. Dreams transform into thoughts and thoughts result in action." - Dr. A. P. J Abdul Kalam
- I love music and dance (was trained in Indian classical dance form: Bharatanatyam).
- I like to travel and have curiosity conversations.
"The goal is not to be better than the other man, but your previous self." - Dalai Lama
- I love exploring new place especially going hiking.
- I love writing mainly poetry in Hindi.
- I am the space and astronomical enthusiast.