Randy NewbroughManager, Instructional Technology Consulting Campus Centers for Teaching and Learning
Assistant Director IUPUI Center for Teaching and Learning
- Campus Address:
- UL 1125A
Master of Science
Major: Instructional Systems Technology
Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, 1999
Bachelor of Arts
Major: Telecommunications (Radio & TV)
Indiana University, Indianapolis, Indiana, 1986
Feder, E., Khan, I., Mazur G., Vernon, T., Janke, T., Newbrough, J., Shuck, L., Zhu, L., & Varma-Nelson, P. V. (2016). Accessing Collaborative Online Learning with Mobile Technology in Cyber Peer-Led Team Learning. EDUCAUSE Review Online, 51(2).
McDaniel, J., Metcalf, S., Sours, J., Janke, T., Newbrough, J. R., Shuck, L., & Varma-Nelson, P. V. (2013). Supporting student collaboration in cyberspace: A cPLTL study of web conferencing platforms. EDUCAUSE Review Online.
- Mauser, K., Sours, J., Banks, J. V., Newbrough, R., Janke, T., Shuck, L., Zhu, L., Ammerman, G., & Varma-Nelson, P. (2011).Cyber peer-led team learning (cPLTL): Development and Implementation, EDUCAUSE Review Online, 34.
Randy is a Manager of Instructional Technology Consultants at the campus centers for teaching and learning with University Information Technology Services (UITS) at Indiana University. Randy works with all of IU's teaching and learning centers where he provides oversight and coordination of the activities of instructional technology consultants. Randy also works with faculty in the design and development of collaboration services to assist them with their teaching and learning goals and objectives.
- Manager providing oversight and coordination of the activities of instructional technology consultants at all of IU's campus teaching centers.
- Create and maintain partnerships with regional teaching center directors.
- Lead learning technology division initiatives across teaching centers throughout Indiana University.
- Coordinate teaching center participation in IU Online course development.
- Partner with team leaders and directors of IU teaching centers in the approach to faculty development best practices surrounding the course management system, collaboration technologies, online course development, and other IU systems and services.
- Act as a liaison for the collaboration technologies unit with all campus teaching centers as well as with the online instructional design and development unit (eDS).
- Coordinate and lead the badging pilot for Indiana University.
- Coordinate and lead the bi-yearly "All Center’s Meeting" which brings together staff from all of IU’s teaching and learning centers for a day of professional development.
- Serving as Interim Assistant Director at the IUPUI Center for Teaching and Learning. (Spring 2016 - present)