History




The IUPUI Center for Teaching and Learning opened in early 1995. Initially meant as a place to assist faculty in navigating the World Wide Web, it also featured a Xerox machine for faculty use. The Center was profiled in a 1994 article of the IUPUI newsletter Campuscape. Since this time, the CTL has grown to provide a wide array of services and programs.



CTL Influencers and Directors

CTL influencers and past directors recognized at the 20th anniversary celebration in October 2015 (left to right): Erv Boschmann, former associate dean of faculties, former CTL directors Ann Kratz, Stacy Morrone, Nancy Chism, Megan Palmer, and Pratibha Varma-Nelson, and William Plater, former executive vice chancellor and dean of the faculties.

  • Aviva Tavel (pre-director, 1993-1995)
  • Ann Kratz (executive director, 1996-1998; co-director 1998-1999)
  • William Orme (co-director, 1998-1999)
  • Nancy Chism (executive director, 1999-2002)
  • Stacy Morrone (executive director, 2002-2006)
  • Megan Palmer (executive director, 2006-2008)
  • Pratibha Varma-Nelson (executive director, 2008-2016)
  • Terri Tarr (director, 2016-present)

Click here to view all photos from the 20th anniversary celebration.

Center for Teaching and Learning

email: thectl@iupui.edu
phone: 317-274-1300
Give Now