Anthony Chase, Justin Hess
Anusha S. Rao
Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 10 a.m. - 11 a.m. EDT
Online - Zoom
This webinar is designed to help faculty consider best practices for evaluating course effectiveness. Evaluation refers to the process of determining whether student learning objectives or course outcomes are met. We will address the following questions:
• How do you develop an evaluation plan?
• What is formative versus summative evaluation?
• What are common data collection techniques?
• What are acceptable data analysis procedures?
• How can you ensure that your results are reliable?
• What should you do with your findings?
The presenters will include examples of STEM Education Innovation and Research Institute (SEIRI) evaluation projects that will enable attendees to apply these questions to their teaching contexts.